The time has come for me to start another blog. This is either my 3rd or 4th depending on how well I’m trusting my memory today, and chances are it will be my last.
What happened to the other ones?
They were each born out of some inkling to write. To say something.. Yet I hadn’t exactly found my place yet and each have died off as time didn’t permit them the environment to grow within.
This will have a better focus. Specifically on the following topics to start, with more added as I see fit:
- Photos – Status updates for parties I’ve done the photography for. What’s coming, what’s behind, and announcements when I post new sets.
- Photography – General writing about photography. I’m asked quite often for my advise and it seems a shame to have this conversation be limited to two people. Let the world share, and perhaps we’ll all end up ahead.
- Trading – General stock market & options trading commentary. In the same vane as Photography, I have a lot of one off conversations with folks which could be put in the public view for many to share in. These aren’t “advise” though, so get your own accountant/financial planner.
- Rants – I live in New York City, there are plenty of things that irk me, and better placed here to collectively laugh at than for me to smack someone who might actually deserve it.
- Life – Whatever I feel like..
Specifically absent is work. Unless your blog is your work, it’s unwise to blog about work.
Why is this the last one?
This is the first one tied specifically to me. The others all had varying levels of anonymity, and were easier to lose/drop when I didn’t feel like I had the time. This one has the added intention of optimizing some of the tasks I have multiple times over. So instead of having the “what camera do you recommend” conversation with 5 different people between now and Christmas, I could have 1 post, with comments and updates to answer the same question for those people and more. Net result, the answer is better for all, I save some repetition in conversation, and everyone wins.
The itch to write is also growing. Perhaps I have more to say, or more likely I have fewer outlets for expressing myself to the world. Either way, that need can fester itself here for all to read..
So enjoy, or not.. and at the very least, play nice!